I've been traveling almost every week last month and it's definitely taken a toll on my skin. Flying can dehydrate your skin and wreak havoc so it's important to recover after flights! That's where the Skinowl soothing maqui berry mask and matcha bar comes in.
SkinOwl Beauty Whip
I bought this from True Beauty Collective at the recommendation of the owner, Andrea, This was my perfect skin salvation! Truly hydrating as a mask and calms any skin irritations that I may have at the time. Its star ingredient is maqui berry and includes some other skin saviours such as organic aloe vera leaf juice, hyaluronic acid, organic jojoba seed oil.
Here are some tips on how I use them and pros/cons:
- Light-weight texture and a little really does goes a long way!
- Can be stored in the fridge as a cold soothing mask when applying
- Can be used a primer (use a thin layer only!) under makeup application
- Noticeable difference in my skin after each use and diminishes any red marks or skin irritations
- Great for sensitive skin types like myself (prone to hives/dermatitis, or rosacea)
- The texture might not be for everyone (personally, I love it but it's thinner than an oil serum but slightly thicker than a moisturizer)
- Might be too heavy for use as an overnight moisturizer for some
- Expensive per bottle (but again, a little goes a long way!)
Would I buy again? YES! I cannot travel anywhere without this miracle bottle and use it time and again. It's just too good to not have in my skin product arsenal.
SkinOwl Matcha Tea Beauty Bar
I'm a sucker for anything matcha or tea related so when I saw this on True Beauty Collective's store site, I couldn't resist adding it to my shopping cart. Matcha tea is known to naturally fight free radicals, tighten skin, moisturize, and enhance skin radiance. There really is nothing I don't love about this bar but I'll also list out pros/cons since not all skin type is the same.
- Amazing value for the price! I almost thought this was a body bar
- Does not overdry skin and leaves my skin really soft
- Great minty and earthy scent
- It's a bar of soap so it is not exactly travel-friendly
- Some might not like the mint/earthy scent
- Contains olive oil and shea butter which some might not prefer(?)
Personally, none of the cons are true cons for me but I like to keep my reviews objective and think about all skin types or conditions. This one is a win in my book.
Have you heard of SkinOwl or used their products before? This is the first time I've tried their brand and I am pleased by the results. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.