- Recipe Level: Beginner
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: ~15-20 mins
- Serves: 3-4 (If you have a 6QT IP)
I finally got my first Instant Pot last week!
Of course, with such a great tool comes great responsibility so this is my version of extremely basic Mien Ga Noodle Soup to test the new pot.
I call this basic because the star of the show is the chicken and there's minimal spices or ingredients needed.
- 6 Skinless Chicken Thighs with Bone-in
- Glass Noodles
- Basil Leaves
- Beech mushrooms
- Green Scallions
- Poultry seasoning or seasoned salt if you wish
- 10 cloves of Garlic
- Fish Sauce
- Fried Shallots
- Bean Sprouts
1. Wash your chicken, season with salt if you wish
2. Wash mushrooms and all other veggies
3. Toss chicken thighs into pot
4. Toss mushrooms in pot
5. Toss all garlic in pot
6. Measure 10 tbsp fish sauce and pour in (if you want more sodium, I suggest you taste the soup later on to see if you want to add more)
5. Pour water to your max Instant Pot level
6. Cover pot, set valve to steam, set pressure cook mode to 20mins
7. Boil water and prepare noodles in separate small pot
8. Strain glass noodles and put into bowls. Set aside
9. When timer is done on the IP, use a hybrid QR and NPR AKA I quickly set the release valve halfway to release some pressure. Wait for float valve to naturally go down before opening pot.
10. Garnish your bowl of noodles with your chopped scallions, sliced onions, bean sprouts, basil leaves, and fried shallots
11. De-bone chicken! You can use a strainer to take out the chicken from pot
12. Ladle soup with chicken and mushrooms into bowls and enjoy!